Question Keyless entry (door pad)

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm itching to get the keyless entry for my truck, i had it on my 1991 lsc and want it on my superduty, anybody got any info on the conversion. Maybe aftermarket even, anything but factory installed, i've been working on trucks too long to pay someone to f*#@ mine up. Keep me posted if you have any useful information and thanks.

DutyCalls08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Check out A1 Electric Automotive Accessories, Power windows, Power door locks, keyless entry systems, Window motors, Window regulators, Pop door kits for their Essex line of touch pad entry systems. A module is wired inside the vehicle, and then communicates wirelessly with the touch pad mounted externally on the vehicle in a location of your choosing. From what I've read online, you probably want to steer clear of the Bulldog Security products. Too many warranty issues, and little to no customer service.

DutyCalls08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just one more thing. I realized after posting that the Bulldog Securities model is the one that has a module inside the vehicle and then the touch pad mounts on the outside of the vehicle with 3M tape. Communication is wireless, and no drilling required. The a1 electric model is a permanent addition to your vehicle, as drilling is required, and it will be hard-wired into your vehicle's existing harness. Sorry about the confusion.

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
Ford Keyless Entry Keypad

i had one very similar to this. It syncs up with the keyless remote already installed, and mounts with 3m tape, mine worked great on my 1999 SD

X2 This is what I installed on my truck and it works great. You program it the same way you would program a new Ford keychain remote and you stick it to the truck wherever you want. The instructions included tell you how to sync up the keypad with the truck and your other keychain remotes and there are even diagrams that show you where Ford recommends the keypad be installed on each model of vehicle they produce. The best part is it works with all the ford electronics without the reliability and interface issues of the aftermarket systems that can be hard to repair after a few years have passed and the parts are no longer available.

Matt24601

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Keyless Entry Keypad Nonfunctional

My 2005 F-350 has the keypad for the keyless entry. Everything was fine until a month or so ago. Now not only does the keypad not work, it doesn't even light up when you press the buttons. Anybody know how to diagnose? I'm thinking maybe a fuse is blown but which one is it? Thanks in advance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58