Keyless entry module

DmaxEter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Who can tell me where it is located? This excusion we just bought has a key pad on the door and I cant find the number anywhere. Ford says it should be on the module where ever that is. Also, does it have a filter for the AC intake? If so, where is it located to? Thanks

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but I'll try to help until the Experts wake up this morning :)

the keypad code is usually on a card in your owners information packet...

the module is up under the dash and difficult to get to IIRC....

But as an aside...
I had my keypad code and used it once when I first got my 02 and never used it again....

course I did have a remote start on the 02 and now on the 03 so I'd much rather have it cool inside when I get there and "bother" with carrying my keys around :)

d.welch1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
other than that, you can have the dealer put their NGS tester on it and they can retrieve the factory code and then you can program your code into it, not sure what year truck it is? or if they would hit you with any labor charges?

Max Power

Reaction score
Not too hard to get to. It's under the dash in the center. You have to remove the cup holder, bag hanger, the remove that middle panel. Lots of screws but 10 minutes should have you looking at it. If I recall correctly there are a couple hidden screws for the cup holder that you get from underneath when you have the cub holder pulled out.

idzeeboo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Max Power said:
Not too hard to get to. It's under the dash in the center. You have to remove the cup holder, bag hanger, the remove that middle panel. Lots of screws but 10 minutes should have you looking at it. If I recall correctly there are a couple hidden screws for the cup holder that you get from underneath when you have the cub holder pulled out.

Do you know if this is the same location for an 05 F350?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
idzeeboo said:
Do you know if this is the same location for an 05 F350?

its supposed to be up there jsut behind the radio and the tag is upside down and backwards ???

might have some stuffing to move around as well, and the other tag is on the back of the radio sometimes.

what max said there are two hidden screws for th ecup holder, remove the hook thing, pull open the cup holder full extension, look up two screws plus two on the front plate,

on the way back in be mindful of the BIG orange ant wire and the three little vacum lines, they like to fall and get in the way of the cup holder retracted piece and it can pinch the vacum lines causing funny or odd hvac control:D

obonaventure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
West Deptford, Gloucester County, Southern New Jer
If you're not sure what you're looking for there are a few pics in my signature of the unit itself, not where it's installed unfortunately.

Also, I use my keypad all the time, especially going to the gym (4 times a week). I lock everything, including my keys, in the truck when I go in.

One thing I've learned thou is to make sure your personal code or even the factory code for that matter works before you are 50 miles away from home and realize the keypad died (I did not learn this thru experience thankfully).

Before I lock my keys in I always make sure my code works.

Last edited:

idzeeboo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
THOUROUGHLY Confused!

After having spent better than an hour in painful yoga positions to try and retrieve the code from under the dash, I gave up and started calling local Ford dealers to see how much it would cost for them to retrieve the code. I was given estimates anywhere from $40 to $90 and time frames of 30 minutes to 60 minutes to retrieve the code. I was told by one person that the 05 F350 has the code inside the drivers door (remove door panel to see it). I was told by another person that after model year 03, Ford quit putting the number ANYwhere and that computer diagnostics was the only choice. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!

How can something so simple be so hard?! I will go home tonight and take off the door panel on the drivers side to see for myself if it is in there. If it is not, I guess I have to cough up $40 bucks to get the stupid code.

I'll keep you posted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14