Keypad resetting

VinceJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another newbie question here... I got this '04 F350 PSD and need to reset the keypad security code. I've read the manual and understand the procedure, but I do not have the factory default code. Did some searching here and Google, but didn't get any clear advice. Tere's a guy selling insructions on eBay, but I'm leary of that and think there's bound to be some ublic knowledge on this topic.

How do I get the factory code or is there another way to reset the "custom" code?

THANKS!!

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
There should be a card in the front cover of the owners manual binder thingy, on that card should be the default code. If that card does not exist then I think you are going to have to find the VSM which is located under the dash in approx the center of the truck. There should be a sticker on it with the code. If that fails then you are off to the dealer. I would skip the ebay scam altogether on this one.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
If the code is on the VSM unit that'll be a first for me. If the code can't be located perhaps a quick swing by the Ford dealer you purchased from as they may hook up the programmer no charge:sweet

Vinni

I didn't do it
Reaction score
When i purchased my 2K Ex, the numbers were nowhere to be found. Had to have the dealer hook up the diag. to read the code out of the PCM. Now i have my own code on the door...

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
its also on the bottom of the radio upside down and backwards
, may or may not be on the ecm/pcm as well

draftlover

Crybaby
Reaction score
If someone changed it, does the default code still work? My dealer told me the only way to get it was from the PCM if it had been changed.

VinceJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The funny thing is... I bought this big guy used from a Toyota dealer. They didn't seem to know anything about the truck. That's probably why I was able to make a good deal on such a super clean rig. I'll call my local Ford dealer to see what they have to tell me. I'm guessing that they'll want to stick me with a nice diag charge for this simple thing.

To draftlover's question... I'm no expert on these trucks (obviously), but my owner's manual states that there are 2 code sequences - 1 permanent factory code and 1 customer set code. You have to know the factory code in order to set the custom code.

Thanks again for all te feedback... I've got a bunch of questions, so I'll be searching for the answers here often!

draftlover

Crybaby
Reaction score
VinceJE said:
To draftlover's question... I'm no expert on these trucks (obviously), but my owner's manual states that there are 2 code sequences - 1 permanent factory code and 1 customer set code. You have to know the factory code in order to set the custom code.

O.K. :sorry :dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14