Kids Car Seat?

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am starting to look for another truck, I want a 7.3l 4x4 crew. My daughter is 3 years old and soon to be out of her car seat and into a booster seat. I really want her in the middle of the back seat, so.... With a booster, do I have to use a shoulder harness type belt......cause i have not seen any SD with a shoulder rear middle seat belt. Sorry for the long post, ... but the only trucks with this option are GM, and Dodge?:dunno What are you guys doing for this? Thanks;tu

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've used booster seats in the middle of the back with no shoulder harness. I strap them in tight enough I feel comfortable they won't be going anywhere in the event of a quick or sudden stop.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Far better to use a seat with a shoulder strap. Unfortunately in the case of a Super Duty that means a window seat. But the benefits of the should strap outweigh the negatives of an outboard location. That is where my 5 year old is securely strapped.

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I don't know what I'm gonna do.....probably be another year before I buy....trying to pay down bills and raise a 3 year old, run out of money before I run out of bills!:rant Its kinda nice just having 1 truck payment, too. The ol' ladys Avalanche aint no diesel, but its great for a family.;tu

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
My baby boy will be 5 in May and he sits in an adaptable car seat (grows with him as he gets older).

I feel more secure have a shoulder harness type seat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58