King Ranch Leather care recommendations?

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good leather cleaner/conditioner for King Ranch leather? I know I read a thread months ago on this, but after searching recently- I can't find it. I saw where Lexol and Tannery were recommended for normal leather seats, but not sure if that would be good for the KR. The truck came with brochures for KR-brand conditioner, but IIRC, I read that stuff leaves a white cloudy haze. Are there are other products available that are even BETTER than KR??

It's almost time for spring cleaning (boy does she NEED it!), and the skinz are a needin' some TLC!

nailbender8usmc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I found mine on the King Ranch website, it sells for around $9 a bottle. It is the only conditioner that is recommended for our King Ranch leather. Hope this helps.

TomsKingRanch

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Leather Conditioner

I'll second the King Ranch Leather Conditioner. Bought my 07 KR used and tried Lexol, OK, but then found the King Ranch site and have used nothing else since.

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered some from the KR site today. Will give it a try and post the results soon! Thanks!

horse56

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Great leather treatment

I've used BLACKROCK Leather "N" Rich on my 2008 King Ranch seats, which were looking dry, and it works great. This is a product that is recommended by the best horse saddleries for their saddles (we use it on our horse tack). It is a soft amber-colored translucent paste that is applied with a soft cloth and will soak deep into the leather and restore the origional darker color of the leather. I applied it, let the truck sit in the hot sun for a couple of days (for it to fully soak in) and was rewarded with excellent results...with no residual film or oilyness. GOOD LUCK!!

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
King Ranch recommends every 6 months (I'm WAY overdue). I recieved the bottle of KR cleaner that I ordered and tried it on the buckets I just put in the back. Seemed to work really well- no residue and no oily feel. Dried quick and didn't leave any stains on the rubbing cloth either. Guess I need to break down and do the front seats as well.

nc1500

MyFirstPS444
Reaction score
Way late to this party, but I use Fiebings Neatsfoot oil, which can be picked up from Tractor Supply or tack stores;it's $10 for 32 oz. My cousin makes saddles and steered me toward it; he's been using this on a working saddle he made over 40 years ago with no visible signs of cracking or hardening. Though not as specifically formulated for the KR leather as the actual KR cleaner, I've used this stuff for over a year with great results. Find a good spray bottle to pour the oil in or you will make a mess.

***Word of caution: do not buy the compound, which has synthetics in it, and will eventually break down stitching. Buy the pure oil, which comes in a dark brown bottle***. Here's the link for it:Fiebing's Pure Neatsfoot Oil For Horse Saddle, 32oz - 5019779 | Tractor Supply Company

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good leather cleaner/conditioner for King Ranch leather? I know I read a thread months ago on this, but after searching recently- I can't find it. I saw where Lexol and Tannery were recommended for normal leather seats, but not sure if that would be good for the KR. The truck came with brochures for KR-brand conditioner, but IIRC, I read that stuff leaves a white cloudy haze. Are there are other products available that are even BETTER than KR??

It's almost time for spring cleaning (boy does she NEED it!), and the skinz are a needin' some TLC!

I use KR leather conditioner or Duragloss Leather conditioner 221. Both are made by Brother's Research and smell and perform the same. That seems to work best for my KR Leather!

:D :stir

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track