King Ranch Steering Wheel

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could get a new 2005 King Ranch steering wheel at a
decent price? Ford wants way to much for one.....
Thanks in advance.\

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i have to ask what happened to the first one :dunno

ford is very proud of em, did you try king ranch themsleves??
E-snay has em

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Robert, For some unknown reason the leather on the top half of the wheel is starting to fray like you took a piece of sand paper to it. The bottom half is ok.
Where on ebay could I look? Do you have a url I could go straight to?
Thanks......

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
pete
it appears we had an electronic snafu..
my link and reply are curiously absent, i went to lunch got back and BAM its not there :D
seriously if your still within your 3/36k warranty, take it back its covered till 3 years or 36k miles. PERIOD
my seats are going in at 27k due to stitching coming loose and a manufact. tear in the rear fold down.

sorry about the link

wheel

Last edited:
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
. . . did you try king ranch themsleves??

King Ranch will not sell you anything Ford related - I know I tried. I called them way back when I was building my console to try and buy 2 square feet of leather - no dice.

Ron

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
pete
it appears we had an electronic snafu..
my link and reply are curiously absent, i went to lunch got back and BAM its not there :D
seriously if your still within your 3/36k warranty, take it back its covered till 3 years or 36k miles. PERIOD
my seats are going in at 27k due to stitching coming loose and a manufact. tear in the rear fold down.

sorry about the link

wheel

Yeah, I had my Lariat steering wheel replaced by the dealer because the color was wearing off. Wheelskins.com has some decent looking covers you might want to look at. I can see why you would not want to do that to a new truck though.

Puddle Pirate

Will Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
I think I may have posted this before, but, I replaced my King Ranch leather steering wheel with a direct replacement model from Allied Technology. Kind of spendy at 345.00 (including shipping), but it was worth it. The top and bottom is Oxford Burl wood overlay. The burl wood and leather are dead on perfect matches with both the interior parchment color and the burl of my interior.

It's beautifully done and my hands don't stick to the leather anymore. That was always my biggest gripe about the leather. No mater how well I clean and preserve the leather. My fingers would stick to the leather after holding on to it.

ca8cb2be.jpg

Last edited:

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Allience Tech, I'd have to send my core as to they didn't have any new 2005 King Ranch cores and it would be a custom job with the Burlwood wheel for 599 dollars plus shipping... OUCH! :lmao :roflmao Guess its going to be warranty.... Thanks for the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14