KIRBY VAC'S ?

Reaction score
I dunno - hard to tell if they will last - my parents bought one in 1966 . . . Dad has replaced the wheels a few times and at least one bag on it - still runs and they still use it.

Ron

JIM_C

Turbo Lover
Reaction score
My Mom uses one that her Mom used for many years. Probably weighs about 75 pounds. I don't know about the new ones.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
BROKER said:
Are they any good ?

Yes they are good and will last forever if you do some general maintenance on it. Biggest draw back is they are heavy not to mention expensive.

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
Yeah, heavy and expensive. My parents had one and when it had to be repaired it cost as much as a new regular vacum.

ArlieEdwards

Arlie
Reaction score
I had one. They are heavy and very expensive compared to the newer models. Go to Wal Mart and buy a good Panasonic. They will do as well as the Kirby. at a fraction of the original cost and a lot lighter.

Arlie

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Yeah but....................

Can you paint your house with the Panasonic?

-popcorn

Tevi

Happy Member
Reaction score
I went with a central vac system.If your interested I'll teach you how to do it inexpensively

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
The Dysons are expensive and made like crap. A bunch of them have been broken in the store.

dmftoy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't speak to the Kirby, but we have a Royal which I think is very similiar in terms of attachments, etc. It was way expensive when we bought it 10 years ago, but we use the bejesus out of it and I have to say that it's held up very well. (we were buying $150-$200 Vac's before this one and they were pretty well shelled out in 2 - 2 1/2 years)

Just my .02

Have a good one,
Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14