Laptop Mount Pics

Scot

;()
Reaction score
sweet. do the adjustments happen just from the fittings being loosly threaded? Or is something else worked in there???

alaska_psd

old fart
Reaction score
really nice mount, I have a 94 also with the 5 speed, it looks like their is plenty of room to shift still and it dosen't crowd the passenger. What size pipe did you use??? What programs are you running when it's in your truck GPS and ????

Thanks Jim

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how is the laptop SECURED....i dont see anything that will keep the
laptop from flying off...in a crash (i know no one ever thinks theyll crash)
you DONT want a 10lb missile flying around.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adjustments are just from semi-loosely threaded fittings. They're tight enough to hold it in position, but you can manipulate it's position pretty easy..

In it's position now, there's just enough room to shift comfortably where your hand doesn't hit the top when going into 5th or reverse. I does pretty much eliminate the usefulness of the middle seat for anyone over 7 years old, though. ;)

I used 1" pipe for this, I think that 3/4 would probably work better, and be cheaper.

I haven't got around to getting GPS yet, but I *think* it will work great. I have used it to let the kids watch DVD's, you don't have to take your focus too much off the road to see the screen. I also ran an aux input wire from my stereo up under that seat so I can plug into the headphone jack on the laptop and have "surround" sound! It's GREAT! (I don't think you could hear the crappy laptop speakers anyways..

Bush -- you bring up a good point. :hail I had NOT planned for a rapid deceleration! After installing it, I drove around like a maniac trying to get it to slide around to test how secure it would be. Under normal conditions, it doesn't move. But you are correct, in a crash there is nothing to secure it to the top. I had thought about using two strips of velcro around the top of the laptop and screwed into the top to do that. When not in use, you could hook them up underneath the base to keep them out of the way.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tbar -- looks good! :thumbs Do you just have a staight section from the base to the top

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend Microsoft Streets & Trips (200x) you can
buy it with or w/out a usb gps antenna.

i bought 2006 w/out the antenna for 34 bucks, 14 after rebates
(filed electronically) from costco...the version w/ the antenna is
99 bucks.

ms streets and trips has voice prompted turn by turn directions
(beginning w/ the 2006 version).

i use my OLD garmin gps3+ as the 'gps' feed to ms streets & trips...

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
I just built a whole new center console to store and to use the laptop on the road.. I second the Garmin setup with the pod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58