Laptop suggestions.

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting a laptop, and was looking for some suggestions or other input on the different brands out there. My desktop is an Hp, but I was looking at Dell laptops. Specifically the Inspiron 15. It is mostly gonna be used for surfing the web, storing and viewing pictures and videos, and maybe playing a few games. Nothing to extreme. We have a couple Dell laptops at work, and they seem to work alright for what we use them for, and my Hp here at home has been a pretty good computer. Thanks for the help.

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way things are now adays? Service would be my biggest concern. Laptops are like all things, you get winners and lemons no matter what brand you buy. Just definitely get a service plan with it.

NJKen

Is a proud new daddy
Reaction score
Funny enough,I have had the best luck with Acer's laptops. They are not very expensive at all and tolerate a decent level of abuse. If you like a llot of bells and whistles these are not the machines for you. They are pretty much bare bones computing machines.
Ken

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I'm planning on getting a service plan. The service plan on my Hp got me a new CPU when the original died.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have had one HP laptop and two Toshiba laptops. I really like to Toshibas better than the hP unit. HP has so much JUNK on their laptops and it is hard to get rid of. My Toshiba is easier to clean out the junk. I like the way it runs and looks. I have a A305 S6872 that I paid $499 for recently. Been a great machine.

Dave

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have two Toshiba, that get taken everywhere, dropped and kicked around and both have always done us a good job for what we use them for. When I get another new laptop it will most likely be another Toshiba. Good luck, there are a lot of good one out there.
Doug

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I would dump the Toshiba for a MacBook but I have the scanner in the Toshiba and it won't work on a Mac. I don't want a dual boot as you still have the same problems as Windowz.

Dave

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
I've had good luck with the hp's. They are known for thier durability. My wife has thrown across the room (literally) twice. My daughter (15 months) beats the tarnation our of it and it still runs like a champ. Just bought my wife a white one and it's even nicer than mine. I'd say as long as you get the service plan, you can't go wrong with an hp.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A small COMPAQ here.

Very basic, carry it everywhere in the RV.. Internet Service through Verizon, on my Cell. ;tu (WIFI don't cut it)

Had it 'bout 4 years now.. No Probs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14