Last Diesel Bath.......

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
I hope........just got done doing my 3 month/5k fluid replenishment and drain and finally remembered to put in the LCF drain plug I have had for 2 months so hopefully I won't get showered in Diesel next time I drain the HFCM.

If I ever get my hands on the in-jun-eer who decided "let's put it here, right by the front drive shaft" -mad -mad

Anyways, for those who have not gotten the LCF drain plug for the HFCM on the DSFR next to the FDS go ahead and do it, all of 13.00 smackers and no more Diesel Deo in the Pits.....I hope.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I am so glad it didnt jus thappen to me
got me two weeks ago , got to love that postioning, you would think.......it could have been put in just a bit of an easier place.
a little fuel oil behind the ears drives the ladies wild :D

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
I am so glad it didnt jus thappen to me
got me two weeks ago , got to love that postioning, you would think.......it could have been put in just a bit of an easier place.
a little fuel oil behind the ears drives the ladies wild :D

Robert, a little is ok but smelling like I just got out of a 55 gal drum of it sends my wife running for the hose :roflmao

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
yep i know what you mean, i had to get naked(underwear) out side and leave my clothes on the ground, get a shower then go take to the laundry
scared a few neighbors to :eek: :eek:
i emailed oil guad to see if they are goin gto make a replacement cap like the oil filter one from alum with a nice red anodize on it :sweet

bmoyce

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
lol

thanks for the thread ive had to drain mine four times and every time I end up soaked and wondering how such "smart" desingers put this thing here.
I'll be getting a new plug asap.

Elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jharvey said:
Anyways, for those who have not gotten the LCF drain plug for the HFCM on the DSFR next to the FDS

Can you translate that to english for a noob? :thanks

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Elk said:
Can you translate that to english for a noob? :thanks

LCF=Low Cab Forward Light Commercial Truck (Like landscapers use)

HFCM=Horizontal Fuel Conditioner Module

DSFR=Drivers Side Frame Rail

FDS=Front Drive Shaft (Not found on 2wd trucks)

Now you should be able to speak Ford :roflmao :roflmao

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
Fairly new to the powersroke world... Is their some type of maint. that needs to be done to the Horizontal Fuel Conditioner Module??

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Derrick I see that you have an early '99 which would have the 7.3 liter engine. Only thing you need to do is drain the fuel canister on top of the motor via the drain lever on the bottom of the canister.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg