Last Diesel Bath.......

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
rray32539 said:
Diesel = "eau de big rig". Like Robert says, used in small doses, it makes the ladies think you're a prince of the highways. :roflmao

good one richard

I will try at our wally world, go ask the nice lady for a mason jar of Eau De Big Rig, with atomizer attachment :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao and body poofe'
:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

jkmcgrath

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
jharvey said:
I hope........just got done doing my 3 month/5k fluid replenishment and drain and finally remembered to put in the LCF drain plug I have had for 2 months so hopefully I won't get showered in Diesel next time I drain the HFCM.

If I ever get my hands on the in-jun-eer who decided "let's put it here, right by the front drive shaft" -mad -mad

Anyways, for those who have not gotten the LCF drain plug for the HFCM on the DSFR next to the FDS go ahead and do it, all of 13.00 smackers and no more Diesel Deo in the Pits.....I hope.

Is this primarily for 4x4 or should I do it on my 2wd as well?

Thanks
Mac
:thumbs

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
all trucks 2wd or 4x4

it really needs an electric solenoid valve so you can drain it on the fly, and without crawling under the truck on HOT asphalt:D

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
all trucks 2wd or 4x4

it really needs an electric solenoid valve so you can drain it on the fly, and without crawling under the truck on HOT asphalt:D
o0o0o that would be reaaaallly nice.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and dump that fuel into the exhaust pipe...

That's what detroit's doing to meet the 07 Hitler youth EPA standards. Back to old engine timing to get the power up, a huge brick soot trap cat converter, and when it needs purged, or cleaned out they literally dump raw fuel though a 1/4 inch line line right behind the turbo. They are talking about stack temperatures of about 1100-1200 degrees under load. mind you that's the stack temp after the cat, not what's actually coming out of the engine.

In a moment of clarity in talking to the rep at the Harrisburg fire convention, I said "so basically what you're telling me is, the engine will be running like it used to, and to get serious power out of it, all I have to do it take off the cat, and it's a normal engine again?" I got the deer in the headlights look, followed by, "oh ***** I shouldn't have told him that look" then "well, yeah... but it will smoke... A LOT. But you fire guys are used to that... "

I wonder what plan Ford and International will use on the '08's?

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Kleetus said:
Yeah, and dump that fuel into the exhaust pipe...

That's what detroit's doing to meet the 07 Hitler youth EPA standards. Back to old engine timing to get the power up, a huge brick soot trap cat converter, and when it needs purged, or cleaned out they literally dump raw fuel though a 1/4 inch line line right behind the turbo. They are talking about stack temperatures of about 1100-1200 degrees under load. mind you that's the stack temp after the cat, not what's actually coming out of the engine.

In a moment of clarity in talking to the rep at the Harrisburg fire convention, I said "so basically what you're telling me is, the engine will be running like it used to, and to get serious power out of it, all I have to do it take off the cat, and it's a normal engine again?" I got the deer in the headlights look, followed by, "oh ***** I shouldn't have told him that look" then "well, yeah... but it will smoke... A LOT. But you fire guys are used to that... "

I wonder what plan Ford and International will use on the '08's?
Hahaha I'm sure a lot of cats are gonna be coming off.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
if we 1100-1200 out the tailpipe, ther eis no reason we cant run turbines

instant TQ.
fewer parts, lots of rotational mass, yep i see a project for my retirement days

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed out my old plug with the new yesterday! Kinda gonna miss the old one now that I think about it. :( I enjoyed the challenge of trying not to getting a soakin' NOT! So long, sianara, good ridance, later and goodbye!:tounge
I did get a little worried when I went to put the new plug in. Seemed that the front drive shaft was a little too close to the hole and I could not get a straight shot at it and comming in at an angle was not helping either. Eventially it got in there though! :woot Now that I have re-filled my Tiki Torches, I can't wait to try it again next month! :thumbs

Flopster843

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you guys getting this valve from? Is it a ford part or is there a vendor that sells them online? Sounds like a pretty good idea. The "fuel bath" isn't exactly my idea of fun.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
here ya go
Flopster843 said:
Where are you guys getting this valve from? Is it a ford part or is there a vendor that sells them online? Sounds like a pretty good idea. The "fuel bath" isn't exactly my idea of fun.

yep they are a sponsor to

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg