Late 99-up Y pipe On OBS

kbud14

I will never learn
Reaction score
I want to intercool my truck and know what I need, just need to know if a Y pipe after early 99 will work.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the exhaust manifolds are different on an OBS vs Superduty. I might be wrong, but I know the exhaust manifolds changed on something begining in 99, it might be the vans or pickups. I'm uncertain.

on edit: I looked up the answer in the Ford Powerstroke description/changes book, it states that the driver's side exhaust manifold was changed beginning with the early 99. It looks like the later manifold has a slightly longer exhaust outlet area.

Last edited:

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
You are talking about the intake Spyder to attach to the turbo and intake manifolds? The stock piece off an early '99 Super Duty Powerstroke will work. The Super Duty piece requires you to purchase new intake manifold boots that will step from the 2 3/8" outlets to the 2" intake manifold and you will need the V band clamp that holds the stock piece to the turbo as it is cast aluminum and the flange is much thicker. After early 99' they changed them and I have heard they won't work, stick with early 99'.

kbud14

I will never learn
Reaction score
Yes, Crumm, the intake spyder. One on ebay right now for a 2000 is why I was wondering if it would work. Thanks guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl