Lawn Fertilizer

ArlieEdwards

Arlie
Reaction score
If you got nothing more from my post, I hope you got the point that you go to the Scott's site for information only. Don't buy Scott's or Miracle Gro unless you have a big pile of money that you just want to waste.

Remember, Fertilizer is fertilizer is fertilizer. The governemnt guarantees the analysis on the label and one is no better than another.

:cowboy:

Arlie

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
This afternoon I spread out some Arctic Gro 22-4-4 "Fertilizer specially formulated for Alaska". I now have the sprinklers running so we will see if it is green in the morning ;). I don't have a big pile of money so I went with the cheap stuff, it was real cheap since I found it hiding in the back of the shop.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
12 hours later and it already looks like it is greening up. Guess I better go get the oil changed in the mower.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Update

Spreading out that fertilizer might have been a mistake. How am I suppose to get anything else done when I am mowing the yard? It is growing like crazy now and after it rained all day today I am sure it will really take off. What the heck was I thinking :roflmao

Yesterday I picked up 15lbs of seed and three bags of fertilizer labeled "for new seeding". I am going to rent a rototiller next weekend and put in another 4100sqft of lawn out back. With the 6500sqft in front and the 1500sqft already on the side I think I may check into a riding mower. Then again what are kids for.....

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Oh yeah, our newest lawn junkie is born!:cowboy:

Stay tuned, next up is Bulbs and you to be followed by perennials 101!:D

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Stay tuned, next up is Bulbs and you to be followed by perennials 101!:D
Nope... Now I am working on a Vegetable garden 101 thread. When I picked up the lawn seed I also picked up a bag of garden fertilizer along with bean, pea, carrot, cabbage, lettuce, pumpkin, cucumber and several other variety's of seeds. I am going to till up a garden next weekend when I am tilling up the new lawn. We are suppose to have a full moon around the 21st so it will probably freeze but after that we should be good to go :sweet

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Crumm said:
Nope... Now I am working on a Vegetable garden 101 thread. When I picked up the lawn seed I also picked up a bag of garden fertilizer along with bean, pea, carrot, cabbage, lettuce, pumpkin, cucumber and several other variety's of seeds. I am going to till up a garden next weekend when I am tilling up the new lawn. We are suppose to have a full moon around the 21st so it will probably freeze but after that we should be good to go :sweet
Good gawd, we've created a monster!!!!!!!!!!

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Ye-per.. I also got a box of wildflower seeds to throw out beyond the lawn ;tu
The wife takes care of the flower beds and if I don't get something planted everywhere else I am afraid the flower beds will get bigger. Have you seen the prices on the flowers for the beds :eek: The more ground I can cover for cheap the better..

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Crumm said:
Have you seen the prices on the flowers for the beds :eek: The more ground I can cover for cheap the better..

Yeah, my other half is the keeper of the flowers. I am painfully aware what they cost.:cussing:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14