Leak on top of engine

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a leak on top of the engine. I have replace the orings on the fuel drain valve. I have cleaned the area up as much as possible to try and find out where the leak is coming from. I think that it may be leaking from the hose in the pic below. How do I fix this?

vbpgimage.php

Blue01F250

Boomer Sooner!
Reaction score
Can't really tell from that pic if thats the problem --

but if it isn't -- it could also be your turbo pedistal o-rings or hpop o-rings leaking..both of which will leave shiny black stuff in the valley..

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is leakage around this fitting where it goes in to the valve cover. The leak could be somewhere else. I am just starting at the front and working my way back.

Last edited:

dpantazis

Reaction score
looks like an after market HPX hose? a high pressure oil crossover hose? its an after market part, not ford OEM. they are good mods- to ballance the oil pressure between the cylinder heads.

the o-ring seals have probably gone bad. there is a finite life on the hoses too. if you did not put it on, it might be worth swapping out for the piece of mind.

look at the vendors who sell them for install instructions.

sinneD

Blue01F250

Boomer Sooner!
Reaction score
That isn't an hpx -- the hpx is here on the other side of the cooler piping..

100_6663.jpg

100_6669.jpg

That hose he is referring to is an oem part, as it is the same on my truck :)

mp18d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have obviously been searching for clues about this PITA oil leak I have. I keep the motor pretty clean, but cleaned it again. It looks kinda dirty yet at the OTHER end of the hose mentioned on the pix. It terminates under the fitting shown for the fuel filter housing, going into what looks like the bottom of the housing. Same hose as shown in this first picture. HPOP??

If so, new o-rings from Ford?? :dunno

Thanks
Mike

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58