Question LED colors for truck be illumination

Deerjager

Meister Gewehr
Reaction score
LED colors for truck bed illumination

I was at a local discount store Thursday with a friend of mine and we wandered back to the automotive section. There were a lot of the StreetGlow brand of neon car kits there in green, yellow, blue & red. I instantly thougt about using a set for illumination in the camper shell on my SD. I have two battery operated lights now that are less than adequete. These light kits were only $19.99, which appealed to me.

While trying to decide, I noticed 3 boxes had different marking and discovered that there were 3 LED kits in red also. I did not really want to use neon anyway since breaking tubes would create a mess, possible on my hunting equipment. My concern was using red leds for lighting in my truck bed. I know red is used to maintain night vision in aviation, leo & military applications. In the color spectrum, green & blue are easier for the human eye to detect than red.

I use this truck for hunting A LOT, so illumination in the bed is a neccessary thing since I head into the woods before daybreak. Flashlights will blind you if your 12 year old shines a surefire in your direction, ask me how I know :D.

Does anybody have any experience using red accent lighting in their truck beds or in trailers for auxilary illumination? Will the LEDs provide enough illumination for my needs? Of course, opinions are also welcomed here as well.

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
And we all know LED's are way more efficient using power. So thats a plus right there. Not to mention last a lot longer than bulbs. Search ebay, lots of cool LED lighting stuff there.

Deerjager

Meister Gewehr
Reaction score
Bought some white LEDs that are used for wheel well lighting on those tuner cars. Try and get the install done this week and post some pics.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg