left bank (2, 4, 6, 8) not working

repomanatlanta

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What do I need to look for? I took my 97 ford superduty to ford they stated that the left side was not firing, possible bad injector, the guy stated that a copper washer my have melted. So what do I need to look for? or do? I have never done a injector :dizzy

atk

Reaction score
What do I need to look for? I took my 97 ford superduty to ford they stated that the left side was not firing, possible bad injector, the guy stated that a copper washer my have melted. So what do I need to look for? or do? I have never done a injector :dizzy

Welcome to SDD....

i am not a 7.3L guy, but have you checked the UVCH(under valve cover wiring harness and/or connector). they have been known to melt and/or break down from the heat....hope this helps

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
if you lost one bank, i would bet big money you have a water-infested IDM, located on the driver fender. injectors are easy, but i dont think they are your problem.

welcome to the forum!

StrokinHarley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally another GA boy on here... sorry dont know ur problem though... welcome to the forum.... good luck:dunno

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score

Another "professional" that don't know his you know what from a hole in the ground. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I fail to see how any of his "causes" pertain to your symptoms.

Rule #1:

ALWAYS CHECK THE CHEAP STUFF FIRST!!!

Top of the list is the UVC connector just came apart. The problem is common enough that Ford came out with a little plastic piece that keeps the UVC harness connector from doing that. It should be a standard item to do anytime you take the valve covers off for the first time.

Second on the list is a bad UVC wire harness. If the problem isn't fixed after doing that, then you are talking $$$$$$$ like IDM's.

I can't see how one bad injector will cause the entire side to go bad.

Good luck. :sweet:sweet

Last edited:

Happy J

Concrete Contractor
Reaction score
Yeah I would agree its prolly the UVCH for that side of the head. On the 96' I use to own I had both of the harnesses go out within a few months of each other. Not had to replace. If I remember right its intergrated in the valve cover gasket...just have to remove the cover and unplug each injector. You just have to look at it. If it has a broken or melted wire just replace it. Just my :2c

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another "professional" that don't know his you know what from a hole in the ground. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I fail to see how any of his "causes" pertain to your symptoms.

Rule #1:

ALWAYS CHECK THE CHEAP STUFF FIRST!!!

Top of the list is the UVC connector just came apart. The problem is common enough that Ford came out with a little plastic piece that keeps the UVC harness connector from doing that. It should be a standard item to do anytime you take the valve covers off for the first time.

Second on the list is a bad UVC wire harness. If the problem isn't fixed after doing that, then you are talking $$$$$$$ like IDM's.

I can't see how one bad injector will cause the entire side to go bad.

Good luck. :sweet:sweet

I would have agreed, but, we had a buddy's truck lose the left bank, we tried the harness, swapped IDM, ECM from a like unit within about 6 vin codes. It ended up being the #2 injector, and it dropped the whole left side. We had it checked, it failed, then replaced 1 injector. Now the truck runs great....I would have done all inj. considering it has 275*** miles and they work them hard every day, but thats what they wanted.:sweet

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
could be either one, but a quick check with an ohmmeter should tell you if the UVCH is open or not..
then you ohm each injector...
then you replace the IDM
when my IDM got flooded & puked, it just shut the whole engine down, not just one side..
so I'm thinking UVCH (they can come unplugged on either side)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58