Help Needed Lemon Law, Want a 450

JBBroadnax

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying that I LOVE my 450. It is the truck that I need, I just want one that works!

Does any one have any info on weather or not CA allows a 450 to be lemoned?

I have an F450, 2008. It has 29k miles. It is 14k lbs. At almost 700 miles it blew its first radiator. It has had about 4 or five radiators since, and has had a few other breakdowns because the dealership did not properly attach all of the engine components.

In the last 1-2k miles, it has blown 2 EGR valves. As I am typing this message, my husband is waiting for a tow truck to come and pick it up again. It broke down on the side of a busy So Cal Highway around rush hour, the engine shut down, probably with another EGR valve issue.

In the midst of all of this, a spring in the driver-side airbag compartment broke causing the horn to constantly sound off. We needed to get such a big truck because we own a 40ft weekend warrior that we like to take to the desert, and we like to travel. We wanted something that would easily tow our load, and keep us safe!

Any help in knowing if the CA Lemon Law will or won't work in this case is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just want to say welcome. Sorry to hear about all the troubles you are having with your tow rig. I hope all works out for ya.

Good thing you don't live in Arkansas I know they don't have a lemon law. My cousin is fighting that right now.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Ford does have a ReAcquired Vehicle Program where they purchase the vehicle back from the customer. We haul alot of them for about 25 states on the right coast.

I am not real sure about how the process works as far as the customer(you) is concerned, but you might be able to get some information from the local dealer, or thru Ford somehow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58