Lets see what y'all think

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
Alrighty, just got my truck back from the shop. Had to have a new steering box put in. Seems after I lifted it some things decided to crap out on me. But anyways, when I got the truck back, the air bag light stays on? That an it is some times a PINTA to start? Figured I'd see what y'all thought about it before I go to the dealer. THe shop said that they never touched any of the computer stuff either. Thanks!

mech2161

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They let the steering wheel turn and busted the clock spring. Take it back and demand the fix it. This is something done by a rookie. I'd also find another shop for further use.

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Fireman said:
Alrighty, just got my truck back from the shop. Had to have a new steering box put in. Seems after I lifted it some things decided to crap out on me. But anyways, when I got the truck back, the air bag light stays on? That an it is some times a PINTA to start? Figured I'd see what y'all thought about it before I go to the dealer. THe shop said that they never touched any of the computer stuff either. Thanks!
Your airbag light should flash for a little while when you first start it up. Pay attention to the pattern of the flashing, it is giving you a code to read.

For instance, mine flashes code 28, which means that the passenger side airbag light is out. BFD.

What it does to flash 28 is to flash twice, pause, flash 8 times, longer pause, flash twice, pause, flash 8 times, longer pause... and so on. The first set of flashes is our first number (2) and the second set after the pause is your second number (8). Decipher your flashes, then post what code you're tripping, and we can help you out more better-er and stuff...

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
ok if i did it right the code it is flashin is 32? any thoughts? oh yea an the cruise control doesn't work either.

mech2161

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K: LFC 32/DTC B1932 - Driver Air Bag High Resistance/Open Ckt
Possible Causes
Driver air bag high resistance could be caused by:

a poor connection or corrosion in the driver air bag module circuits or the air bag sliding contact.
an open circuit or high resistance in the air bag sliding contact windings.
an open circuit or high resistance in the wiring harness.
an open circuit or high resistance in the driver air bag module.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58