Lets Talk Alarms and Remote Starters

jlayne

Paint Sniffer
Reaction score
Been thinking about a alarm with a remote starter, bulldog pro series model 62I or 500 has anybody installed one of these in a superduty? The 500 even has a turbo timer. Just curious as to how well you like it? Also if using the T harness how much do you have to mess with the factory wiring... don't want to hack up my harness.

What other brands are worth a look?

Thanks

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I cant help you out much here, but Max is a wizzard at these things, I'm sure when he sees this one he will have some good info for you.

d.welch1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... I am not familiar with those brands, I bought a Crimestopper off ebay (New in box) and installed it in my 2004, my main reason for it was the keyless entry (I didnt/wasnt told keyless entry was an option of an XLT truck) anyway, I installed this myself, it has the turbo cool down timer up to 5 minutes, the alarm works also (ask my kids) I had to install two extra relays for the lock/unlock circuit that I didnt originally have, I messed with it a couple hours one day and finished up the next, took about 5 hours ect. I like the remote start, its real nice in the cold winter time :thumbs

jlayne

Paint Sniffer
Reaction score
d.welch did you use a wiring harness or just connnect it to your stock one? i know what you mean about the temperature thing... in Ga. with a black truck and it being around 100.deg... the leather seats will cook your rear

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will probably NEVER have another vehicle without a remote starter!

Second best mod on my X's !

I think it should be a standard option on trucks sold in the southern Untied States !

Setting the air on auto and the rear fan on high with a SLIGHT opening in the black X's rear windows will cool that beast off quickly !
Another thing I have started to do is always park with the rear to the sun !!!

d.welch1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jlayne said:
d.welch did you use a wiring harness or just connnect it to your stock one? i know what you mean about the temperature thing... in Ga. with a black truck and it being around 100.deg... the leather seats will cook your rear

I dont know if Crimestopper had/has a wiring harness available, the RS unit comes with all the wiring to plug into it, but on the ignition and big wires ect I soldered my wires, the smaller ones I used crimp connectors/butt splices I never did hook up my shock sensor (if you shake the truck the alarm goes off) I ended up using the "Timed Crank" mode when I programmed the unit, apparently the 6.0 need a little longer cranking time.
I'll help answer any question you have, you can check out www.the12volt.com for additional info/wiring diagrams ect. Crimestopper was just the brand I decided on, so far so good..... I am not familiar with any of the other brands?

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
I think d.welch and I have the same model Crimestopper. I too bought mine off E-Bay. I have mine wired to the glow plug circuit so it starts without excessive cranking. I also like the pager remote. Lets you know your alarm is sounding if you are too far away to hear it.

Very happy with mine. One note of advice with the Pager remote. Do not lose or break it. Crimestopper wants up wards of $150.00 for a new one. Don't ask how I know this.

Almost cheaper to buy a whole new alarm.

Tom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58