Leveling Kit or Add-A-Leaf?

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to buy new tires soon. But I need to level the front end and have it alighned before the tires. So my question is which one? Does one ride better than the other? I can install it myself, either way so that does not matter. Just need some input from you guys before I buy.:thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have a 4 Wheel Parts leveling kit under my truck. The kit is made by Pro Comp and I am not too happy with it, it is sagging on the driver's side. I am looking at all kits right now, so I will follow this thread.

Dave

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My suggestion is to get the Ford Code "X" springs like a lot of us have done. The ride is better and it raised my front end 1-3/4" three years ago, and it has only dropped a bit since I installed the warn 16000 winch. I highly recommend this to anyone. It might raise yours even a little more since its a 250.

Barrett

Here are the part #'s and prices I got FWIW.

(2) 2C3Z-5310-AF Springs -- $154.32 ea

(4) F81Z-5705-ZA U-Bolts -- $15.88 ea

(8) N805480-S426 Nut -- $1.86 ea

ATVTYSON

ATVTYSON
Reaction score
I have a 2005 F350 diesel crew cab long bed 4x4. I used the 2" Pro Comp leveling kit and 2" longer Pro Comp shocks. I am very unhappy with the lift. For starters the truck would not align after the kit was installed. The shop that installed it said thats the way it is. The truck pulled hard to the left. It wandered in the lane while driving down the road. I took it to another shop (more expensive should of went there first) and I was told yeah thats the problem with those Pro Comp kits. I guess when the leveling kit lifts the truck it puts the track bar in a bind and moves the axle to the left causing the truck to pull to the left. The second shop added 5/8" and sleeved the track bar and then realigned. The truck is now aligned but the ride sucks. The front end still wanders. I have been dealing with it for approx two years. Luckily it's not a daily driver. I am getting ready to take the Pro Comp leveling kit off and put on either a Donahoe Racing or a BDS 4" supension lift. Anybody have any thoughts on those two lifts, I'd be interested to here them.

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a leveling kit in Summit Catalog that had a track bar kit in it also. Wonder who makes it for Summit?

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with a Revtek leveling kit that included new, complete replacement front springs and I was quite tickled with it. I haven't noticed any significant sagging and the shop who installed it said it went in really smoothly.

6.ho stroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i just got a set of leveling shackles and put on mine with new monroe reflex shocks. rides and handles fine just sits a little higher

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just got a set of leveling shackles and put on mine with new monroe reflex shocks. rides and handles fine just sits a little higher

I never thought about shackles. What size tire will you be able to clear? I want to go with 33 or 34 inches tall. Not sure what the metric size is, but you get the idea.

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
305/70 are actually smaller in diameter but wider. 285/ 75 are more narrow but taller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14