Leveling kit question - 1999 f-350

AnthonySD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a 1999 f-350 4x4. The rear is about 5" higher than the front, and i want to make it more level. My question is, has anyone heard of the 270 maxx lift mini spring packs. They are leaf pack you install under the front axle. They claim to raise the front end 2.7". Is this a safe way to level the front end?

Any advice anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony:dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have been four wheeling since the 1970's and I would NEVER add leafs to a FRONT spring pack. They should all be one spring pack for safety and durability. Get a spring that has the lift you want.

Dave

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We did the same type of a leveling kit to my plow truck at work '02 f-250' and it raised the front around 3". We have had it on there for 2 years of plowing and daily towing and it works great. I cant remember what kit we got but we got it from summit racing. I've been waiting to do the same kit on my truck but i dont want to buy springs for the rear or bigger tires just yet

Last edited:

commanderjjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the 2.5" add-a-leaf on my truck for over 150k.....closer to 200k.....with no issues. It and the triple shock kit eliminated that annoying spongey feeling that it had when stock......and allowed me to clear the 35" BFG's.:sly

AnthonySD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys! I think I'll give them a try. I was incorrect on my original post. The spring packs go over the axle and become part of the front leaf pack. They will be easy to install, and I will keep an eye on them. I've got to do the ball joints anyway, so I'll do it all at once.

Thanks again for the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14