Leveling my '08 F-350

Glockerman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, hope you're all having a nice Sunday. Question for you all.... I have an '08 F-350 Lariat 4x4 long bed.... the nose sits lower than the bed... would you recommend me using those "leveling kits" made by Skyjacker? They call it "Skyjacker 2.5 inch Polyurethane Spacer Leveling Kit". My truck has the stock 18" wheels with 35" tires. What do you guys think about this? Or, better yet, any recommendations on the best way to level my truck? THank you all in advance!:D

Fine69

Reaction score
I used a Daystar 2.5" Leveling Kit from 4 Wheel Parts on my truck. Went on really easy and retains stock ride. I was also able to re-use the stock shocks, but I've since replaced them with Bilstein 5100's because they ride so much better than the stockers.

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used rancho springs. i love them. they also have either black or red. the are same weight rating to

Acer Engineering

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
There are essentially four types of "leveling" kits available:

1. Polyurethane spacers. These go between the top of the coil spring and the coil bucket giving, on average, 2"-2.5" of lift. Daystar and Skyjacker are examples of companies that make polyurethane spacers.
  2. Steel coil bucket spacers. Like the polyurethane spacers, these too go between the coil spring and the coil bucket, but are made of rigid steel rather than flexible polyurethane. Also generally 2"-2.5", Pro Comp and Readylift are two companies off hand that makes steel coil bucket spacers.
  3. Aluminum or steel axle spacers. These also serve to increase the space between the coil bucket and axle, thereby increasing ride height while maintaining the stock coil, but sit under the coil on top of the frame. Available in a wider range, these are generally available in 1"-2" range, and tend to be the choice of higher-end suspension manufacturers. Icon Vehicle Dynamics and Rize Industries are examples here.
  4. Replacement Coil Springs. Last but certainly not least are replacement coil springs. Generally speaking, this will be your most expensive option but also the best handling. Here the entire stock spring is replaced with an after market coil. Available in 2.25"-2.5" lifts, Icon Vehicle Dynamics and Bilstein are two big players in this space.

Which is "the best" could be argued indefinitely, as could the return on your investment; at the end of the day it boils down to taste and personal preference but hopefully this will give you an idea of what is available at least.

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought my rancho springs on overstock.com and they were cheaper than spacer kits. plus a lot of sites do free shipping. part # RS80116

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58