lift help

jguzman75

McAllen, Texas
Reaction score
My brother has a 2000 f-250 4x4 PSD that has a bone stock suspension. He is going to install a 12,000 lbs hydraulic winch and he want to add a little lift to compensate for the added weight plus make the ride a little softer. He wants something like a leveling kit but nothing huge. Anyone have any suggestions?

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have expierenced most leveling kits make the ride stiffer due to the fact they add a spring or small leaf pack. If it were me I would either go with a shackle and hanger kit or complete 'softride' spring packs and then add a little bit taller block in the rear to level her out. I had a procomp 2" shackle and hanger kit in combination with lift springs and had no issues with them. I believe procomp sells them with or without shocks.

I don't know what his winch weighs but I had an aftermarket winch bumper (WARN) and a 9000lb winch weighed around the 400lb mark combined. My front end didn't hardly move when I bolted everything on. Maybe a 1/4 of sag, if that.

Last edited:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i only have experience with the fabtech leveling kit for the SD's, and i recommend it 100%. it uses the stock leaves and doesnt really change the ride quality at all, but it makes it ride level.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the lift is to compensate for the winch then I don't think he really needs anything. Oh and why hydraulic? electric tends to be more dependable, not to mention lighter.

I can't say that i see my suspension drop when I stand on the front bumper at close to 300# I sure hope your winch isn't that heavy so just look for a leveling lift that has a good ride.

jguzman75

McAllen, Texas
Reaction score
Why Hydraulic.....its just the way my brother is. He always goes over the top. It isnt just the winch but he has a bumper similar to the one that I have and his springs are pretty warn out. He will never admit it but I think he really likes the look of a lifted truck. Anyway I told him I would ask the EXPERTS:sweet what they would recommend to satisfy the needs of a small, soft lift. I will keep checking to see what you guys recommend.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
rd X-code springs work well for what you want. They will lift it a little and take the load. Go to the dealer and ask for X-code springs for your year truck. I really like mine. Replaced some Four Wheel Parts lift kit.<<<<JUNK

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58