Lift kit swap?

2001Stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cousin is trading in his 5/99 super cab longbed and is going to give me his 4" pro comp lift kit. We are going to swap before he trades it in. Does anyone have good intstall instructions. I have seen one installed on TV before but everything on TV goes so unrealistically easy. Any pointers or links to some good instructions would be appreciated. Thanks!

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
The important thing is that you be careful. The truck weighs a lot so don't cheap on jack stands. I used 6 ton stands for the truck and 3 ton stands for the axles. Your gonna need some big wrenches and sockets. A 3/4 drive set would be a bonus. You'll need a torque wrench. You can probably get a set of instructions on the Lift kit site. If not email them and I'm sure they'll send you a copy. If you have a friend who has experience it would be great also. It's not hard to do, just has to be done right.

nevrnf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the pitman arms and the track bars are different between an early 99 and a 01. So you are both going to have to buy parts to make it work. If you have a dial caliper avaliable measure the bolts for the traack bar and the shaft size above the arm to see.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl