lift kits....?

janders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking into 4-4.5" lift kits and tires.....but someone brought up to me that I might want to try a body lift which would be a lot cheaper. Is there any reason I should stay away from body lifts?

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
Its to my understanding that they don't make body lifts for diesels? I could be wrong though. Probably am lol. I have a 4.5" from Donahoe Racing aside from some steering issues ( that may not be lift related ), I love it. Like Brent said when he had his truck " Not too high, not too low....just right." So I would suggest go with the suspension lifts, look better in my opinion. Just my $.02

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
just my :2c, but i have never been a big fan of a body lift on a truck.

who wants to see all frame anyway?

i think you are on the right path, stick with the 4 to 4.5 inch lift.

it will look a whole lot better, but then again, what do i know, just my :2c

:roflmao :roflmao :sweet

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can do a body lift on a diesel, it is very hard and time consuming, you have to remove the IC and notch the body, lower it... There are lots of other PIA stuff that will bite you, a good body lift is 300, plus the time and headache of install, a good lift kit is about 500-700 in the 4" range (springs and blocks). See my pics for a 4" lift and 37's... Revtek

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
I have a 4" susp, I was looking for a few more inches (who isn't) but I could not find a body lift rated for diesels. Go with the susp lift. I had some tire clearance issues. The 35's rubbed on the leaf sprigs untill I got 16x10 wheels, then one tire rubbed on the front bumper. I didn't want to take a saws-all to the bumper, so I machined some 1/2" spacers for the bumper mounts. It's a lot more work, but it looked better. I also recommend a carrier bearing shim kit.

janders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think that 4" is enough? I am going probably with 35" tires but I don't want to have any issues with rubbing. Should I go with 6"

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4" with 35's works fine if you get the right off set on the wheels. Hell I am running 37's on a 4" lift with just a little rub on the springs at full lock.

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
The right off set is all you need to solve the leaf spring rubbing. I think it was a fluke that my Passenger side tire rubbed on the bumper. I haven't heard of anyone else having that problem.

nevrnf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THe only difference in a diesel of gas body lift is the inlet and outlet tubes for the intercooler and the hoses for the hydroboost setup. You would have to have them custom made to fit the body moved up. You would not have to move the intercooler at all ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58