lift kits....?

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to go with cheap, headache and sore on the eyes go with the body lift. But if you want something to show off with tires and shocks, spend alittle more and go with the suspension lift. You will be happy with the outcome when it is done. I have seen 4" lift with 35's and they looked good and had no problems.

dMerre89

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
4" Rough Country Suspension lift with 315x75x16 mouted on stock wheels works great

DVC00269.jpg

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
janders said:
I have been looking into 4-4.5" lift kits and tires.....but someone brought up to me that I might want to try a body lift which would be a lot cheaper. Is there any reason I should stay away from body lifts?
yes body lifts suck. you will hear more noise from the road and the engine,and you will have to modify your fan shroud or go with electric fans.
susp lifts are the way to go.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
one of the main reasons the ford looks better than the chevy's is that you DONT see all that frame hanging under the truck. :)

No Duston the wrench

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
A Suspension lift is the only way to go..... As far as tire size and rubbing, MOST of the people that have replied in this post (based on their signatures) have front leaf springs/lifts, not the coil set-up you should have. Bottom line is that I think you should investigate more on tire "fittment guides w/wheel offsets" based on lift size of your 2006. :dunno I'll try finding the link for the guide I used b4 lifting my truck--It was accurate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58