Lift & tire/wheel question

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wife gave me th "OK" to spend the money to buy a lift and wheels and tires. Im dead set on going with 20'' wheels. I like the Chrome DC-1 20X9. Im looking for advice on lift kit brand/height and tire brand/size. Im stuck betweek the 6'' or the 8'' and the Pro-Comp or ??? As for tire size, I am a big fan of the Swamper SSR, they offer a 37x12.50X20 for a reasonable price. I HATE the look of a truck that has "TOO MUCH TIRE" for the amount of lift, if that makes any sense. Should I go with a 6'' and 35's or 8'' and 36-37's?? Any input, do's or dont's. What you have and what you would have done different? This is a big chunk of money, I want to do it right the first time. Thanks in advance.

Scott

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
I would say bigger is better... I have a 4" with 35" tires and not happy with it; I wish I went bigger. but the 6" doesn't get you much bigger, the neighbor had a 6" with 35" tires and you could barely tell the diff. he just had a little bigger gap in the fender well. He upgraded to 38" tires and now rubs all the time. I would say 8" if I were to do it again, but then your looking to spend alot more money... I was told that I would need a new front driveshaft and maybe a new rear if I went with 8. but I think in the end it would be worth it. PLUS+++ If you go with 8 you wont have many half ton trucks that are comparable to yours. I hate it when I pass a half ton truck thats taller than mine. One more thing to consider is Lift Laws in your area, If you want to stay legal 8 may put you over.
As far as which brand, everyone has their own opinion just keep in mind that you usually get what you pay for.
Good luck with you decision and keep us informed on your project.

Reaction score
I wanted to go up to 20 inch rims. Then i was looking at this chick in the other lane and hit a curb dead on at 40mph and that put that idea to rest.

6.5 inch pro comp on 35's with 16's
HPIM0120.jpg

low2tone

low2tone
Reaction score
I dig my 8" procomp with 37", make sure you go with the leafs in the rear not blocks. it's def. worth the $

IMG_0066.jpg

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, must say looks great! Im gonna wait until next year to wast my life savings, but I have decided to go with either the Super Lift of Rough Country due to the fact that its a 4 link setup. And either a 37'' or 38'' tire.

low2tone

low2tone
Reaction score
Thanks alot guys. It's really held up great so far. had it on for about 3 months now. rides better than stock, but like i said i spent a little extra for the dual steering stabilizer and leafs instead of blocks and still only paid $2200, cash for the lift. got the wheels and tires used but in great shape for $1500. so i didn't dump too much into it.
IMG_0067.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58