lifted running boards 2"

TampaDieselFX4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally did it. Raised them exactly 2". It's perfect. any more wouldn't work/look right and any less might as well stay stock. They're still functional, just not hanging down asking to get messed up off-road. Personally I think they should of come from the factory like this. I've been eyeing many trucks lately and all of them have the steps tucked up under the body. Only the Superdutys are running around with old man running boards. OH well.... I'm going to try and get some pics. Mod took me about 4 hrs and $0.

PSD POWER007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I raised my step bars 2.5". It made the truck look sooooo much better. Looking forward to your pictures.

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tossed mine the day I came home from the dealer. I'd like to see some pics, may change my mind.

TampaDieselFX4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as I like the no step bar look... they are functional, and came with the Lariat chrome package, so I'd hate to rid them. So the logical thing for me was make them look good (un-old manish). Get some pics tomorrow.

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, I took them off because I always found myself trying to step over them, ending up banging into them. I'm 6'5", and anybody shorter complains about the lack of them. I can still get in easily, sit right down on the seat with 33's. Thinking about a front end lift, and realize it would be hard to get in even for me. Also, my seat is wearing alot from getting out all the time.

Perhaps I'd like the step bars better than the old man boards that I've got laying around.

TampaDieselFX4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been busy lately guys. sorry. I do need to get some pictures taken though. Earliest I can do it is this Sat. I leave the house when it's dark, and I get home when it's dark. :rant

Blue01F250

Boomer Sooner!
Reaction score
I'd like to see pics of the brackets -- I just installed mine, and they hang perfect for getting in and out... but they do hang down quite a bit and I think moving them up a tad would be nice!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58