lighting up front

janders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone put Hella or PIAA lights on the front of their trucks? How did you guys do it, with a brush gaurd, light bar, etc.? Can you guys give me some ideas? I was thinking about installing 4 lights on two upfitter switches. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
janders said:
Has anyone put Hella or PIAA lights on the front of their trucks? How did you guys do it, with a brush gaurd, light bar, etc.? Can you guys give me some ideas? I was thinking about installing 4 lights on two upfitter switches. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

Yeah, I've got 4 KC daylighters mounted on a Ranchhand brush guard. See my pics. I don't really like the configuration of them right now, but I basically had to arrange them like this because Ranchhand sent me the wrong brushguard (cost way more, but didn't charge me for it so I kept it).

I wired the two inside lights on one circuit and the two outside on another circuit. The two center lights are a bit higher than the outer ones, so they're aimed long range. The outer ones are aimed out at the side. I'm thinking of taking the 150W KC's off and replacing with street-usable Hella's.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's part of a pic of what I did with the stock fogs (with 9007 bulbs in them) and PIAA's on my 03 Ex I traded in.... that's a Westin bull bar....

Six lites on if'n I had to - really helped on the long late interstate runs we took in that Ex...
Dang that was a good looking truck !!! BooHoo :)

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NO bad pic...
Actually the westin had bolt holes for 5 lites...
mounts really easily to outermost tow hook bolts....
www.westinautomotive.com/pages/westin ultimate bull bars-overview.html
two on top and three on the bottom of the center horizontal bar...
I put the two PIAA's on the top
(where they were more protected)
and the two stock fogs on the bottom of the bar,
in the two outer most holes...
still had a center bottom I could have put a fifth lite...

but with the upgraded wiring harness, the PIAA bright white headlamp upgrade and the 65W 9007's in the fogs...
it was enough lite when aimed properly :)

Last edited:

X-Hibition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this response is late, but...ProComp and KC both make light bars that mount using the Super Duty bumper bolts. ProComp holds two lights and the KC holds four. I used the KC with PIAAs on my X. Dual beam 550s, bright and really bright.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im running IPF 960's (or are they 964's)...big...all metal housings....
i drilled two holes in the top of my bumper...course this was all before
anyone had the baja style light bars that x-hibition mentions.

photos are posted HERE...feel free to poke around...

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
I just put HELLA lights in my truck for the standard headlights and love them, super bright and crystal clear

STROKIN96

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Janders

Are you looking for driving lights or off road lights?
I have 4 Pro-Comp 130's on the front of my truck and they work great:cool:
But they are pencil beams and I would like to get 2 Euro's(take off 2 of the pencils) so that I can see far and have enough light up close too...

Carl

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58