line lock/ Duo lock

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
On some of our older Digger trucks with hydraulic brakes we have a thing on them called Duo Locks, AKA: Line locks. You pull the knob and push down on the brake petal and it holds the hydraulic pressure in the brake lines, holding the brakes on. These trucks are up to 30 years old and no problems with the brakes, no leaks or ill effects of the Duo locks, for being applied for up to 12 hours at a time. Now to the point, I have a 7.3 with the 6 speed manual. When I have my trailer on I pretty much have to shut the truck off every time and put it in gear if I have to get out of the truck. I don't trust the rear axle drum cable emergency brakes, they just don't hold. Has anyone put in a line lock to hold the brakes for up to a couple hours at a time. I know they sell them just wondering if any one on here has tried them on the Super Dutys.

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
don't see whey it wouldn't work.. I'd install the solenoids below the ABS unit to keep the two from interfering with each other..

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
got a couple of these I am going to see how hard it is to plumb the other one in the front. Didn't go with the electric cause if it looses battery the brakes will release. There are guys on the jeep forums that have had these on for days and they don't loose pressure. Very simple design. I think for the rear I will just put a hole in the floor just in front of the driver's seat and put it there and move the brake lines to it under the floor.

AAF-ALL48010.jpg

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
anyone know what size the brake lines are on the 350 someone said 1/4 but others say they are normal 3/16. I am 1200 miles from my truck otherwise I would check for myself.

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
my cable parking brake does not work at all in the forward motion just stops it from rolling backwards so it might be kinda tough to throw a chock in there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14