Little weekend update

02EX_PSD

Not as Junior of a Member
Reaction score
Thanks to your site, I was able to perform a little upgrade to my Excursion this weekend. My belt was squealing like crazy so I knew I needed to change it out. Looking under the hood displayed one of Ford's better ideas. :confused: I can hear it now, some bean-counter saying they could save seven cents if they shortened the upper radiator hose and ran it through the belt instead of going around it. I would just love to snatch up his pocket protector and slap him with it!:roflmao
So I got on the site and did a little searching around to find the part number for the "correct" hose (the one that goes around the belt), bought a new belt, purchased a 203 degree thermostat from dieselsite.com since I was going to be in there, and some fresh G05 coolant. The swap out went without a hitch and now I am down the road listening to the motor and exhaust instead of that squealing belt! Thanks Superduty.com! :hail

CHPMustang

Reaction score
02EX_PSD said:
Thanks to your site, I was able to perform a little upgrade to my Excursion this weekend. My belt was squealing like crazy so I knew I needed to change it out. Looking under the hood displayed one of Ford's better ideas. :confused: I can hear it now, some bean-counter saying they could save seven cents if they shortened the upper radiator hose and ran it through the belt instead of going around it. I would just love to snatch up his pocket protector and slap him with it!:roflmao
So I got on the site and did a little searching around to find the part number for the "correct" hose (the one that goes around the belt), bought a new belt, purchased a 203 degree thermostat from dieselsite.com since I was going to be in there, and some fresh G05 coolant. The swap out went without a hitch and now I am down the road listening to the motor and exhaust instead of that squealing belt! Thanks Superduty.com! :hail
Happy to hear everything went well with the projects:thumbs

Come back often Steve,your contribution is what helps the community be successful:sweet

Bill

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14