livewire w/ egt or sctII and gauges?

rynarnell

03 6.0 8.0lift on 38"s
Reaction score
I was looking at innovatives website. I saw they had the egt probe out for the live wire. I can get the livewire with the mount and egt probe and it would cost about the same as getting a 3 pillar pod with gauges and the SCTII. Any thoughts???

Flopster843

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have both in the truck. Livewire is neat and a clean install. Gauges are alot easier to read than the digital readout. It's all a mater of personal preference. Best place I found for the livewire is on the left hand upper corner of the windshield. It doesn't block much and is easy to read. But it's still harder to see than the mechanical gauges.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
i pondered this for a long time too before deciding to go gauges. The screen alone on the live wire is as big as the entire attitude monitor from edge. the live wire is actually very big and bulky, and not as easy to read as gauges. i went w/ ISSPRO gauges that look factory, it's a cleaner look i think. the only reason i would have bought the live wire was if it would allow to switch programs on the fly, which it does not, so it's not worth it in my humble opinion.

Reaction score
Yeah the gauges with the livewire is the way to go. You will also get alot of compliements from people. The funniest question i get asked is how come my truck came with extra gauges. :roflmao

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine what they would think if they saw Joe's(aka guage whore) set up. Looks like a cockpit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58