Lockers

Reaction score
are you looking for front or rear? If yer looking for a lunch box locker for the front end they powertrax makes a real good unit. Simple to install and only 300 bucks. However if you do the that locker on the front then i'd definitely get rid of the auto hubs if you have them and switch over to a selectable hub that way its not engaged when you dont want it to be. Course if yer looking into all out performance you cant beat front and rear air lockers.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
detroit lockers are tried and true, but are noisy with poor street manners. the ARB'S are also dependable, but cost more and take much more to install. there is an array in between the two for cost.

what are you looking to do with them, and how often?

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
I'm looking for front and rear lockers.

I just want to have them "on hand" when I drive through stuff that looks like I might get stuck in with an LSD. It would be something I'd use in the winter time on occasion as needed.

I've been reading up on them, and I see it takes someone with "skill" to properly use them. By skill I mean "common sense".

atk

Reaction score
if money is not a concern, then i would go with ARB LOCKERS. with a push of a button, it will be locked when you need it...JMO

atk

Reaction score
I will look into them. If I may, why are they the "best" in your book?

i like the fact that you can with a push of the button, have the locker engaged when needed and unlocked for normal street driving. you don`t have to worry about any street drivabilty issue`s....i personally haven`t tried them yet and as far as durabilty, they stand up very well(from what i have herd). i will either be using an ARB locker or a Detroit locker(if i can afford it, i will probaly go with ARB)....JMO

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
I will look into them. If I may, why are they the "best" in your book?

since they are selectable, you have the drivability and mileage gains of an open differential, but have the slick condition performance of a spool at the flip of a switch.

also, they operate on air, so after you install the whole lot for the lockers, you also have on-board air.

for reliability, i have never heard ANYTHING bad about them.

they are not cheap though :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14