locking hubs

WhiteWheelin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
im lookin to purchase some new locking hubs for my 03 f250 and i was curious what ones to purchase? im thinking warn ones because thats what my buddies say but i wanted to see if thats my best option or if there is another kind i havent heard of that are good too. also what site is the best to purchase them from? thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I would only go with Warn hubs. I assume you do not have SOTF (Shift On The Fly)? If you do, you must make sure that the Warns will work with SOTF. It is a vacuum shift in the hub for four wheel drive.

Dave

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have SOTF and I replaced with Warn Premium hubs. You just have to plug the vacuum line under the hood that goes to the hubs. Yea, it is a pain to have to get out to lock them, but at least now I know they are locked or unlocked.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have locking and unlocking hubs since 1969 in Jeeps and various trucks I have owned. Not that big of a pain, just think ahead.

Dave :)

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
I would say warn premiums are the way to go there are not much options out there stock, warn, or milemarker.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Def warn. So far my stock auto hubs are still workin great BUT you never know when they will stop workin when you need them most.

dpantazis

Reaction score
I have the Mile Marker Stainless Steel 449SSones. They work fine. They are a stainless stamping cover and knob that are filled with some sort of aluminum or pot metal. the gears and selector are steel and cast/ductile iron.

I got them on 'sale' via Summit on some crazy sale for $100 shipped. the newer ones have a warpy spring clip that fits 360 degrees in the groove in the wheel bearing hub instead of an internal snap ring. You do not need the adapter kit with these hubs.

either way you cant go wrong.

mp18d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have Warn Premiums and no complaints.

But Dynatrac recently came out with their version of the Warn. If it is as good, as well made as the rest of their stuff they deserve a look..

Mike

dpantazis

Reaction score
But Dynatrac recently came out with their version of the Warn. If it is as good, as well made as the rest of their stuff they deserve a look..

they are nice and look like they are well made. I looked into them when I was hub shopping. $550 + shipping! :confused: i figured that would buy me 2.5 sets of warns if i needed them.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Before I did the Dyna-track front axle conversion, I got rid of the troublesome vacuum hubs and put some Warn manual hubs on. I took pictures of the process and posted them in my webshots page. A link is at the bottom of my signature.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14