Lonely trip

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the price of fuel going higher and higher, some of our friends that said they were going to travel a ways with us have backed out. Our friends in Branson has said that other family members have called to say they are not coming this year.
We might find the roads rather empty on our trip. We do not have much of a choice, because, with us getting older, our time to travel and being healthy is getting shorter. So, unless we can not buy fuel, we will still be going on our trip.
:D

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max sorry to hear that everybody is backing out. Fuel Prices are getting crazy though and I can't wait for them to come back to resonable. Keep up your health and keep on truckin

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you Lloyd, we have lots of trips planned for this summer and the cost of fuel is going up all the time.
We don't want to miss out on all of the fun, so we will just pay pay pay.
It sure hurts when it cost you $100.00 for every 300 miles that you pull your RV.
Hope that the two of you have a great trip and get to go to all of the places you have listed on your map.
Will still try to met up with you in Branson.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I hear you Lloyd, we have lots of trips planned for this summer and the cost of fuel is going up all the time.
We don't want to miss out on all of the fun, so we will just pay pay pay.
It sure hurts when it cost you $100.00 for every 300 miles that you pull your RV.
Hope that the two of you have a great trip and get to go to all of the places you have listed on your map.
Will still try to met up with you in Branson.

yep its cheaper to drive the edge and stay at a hotel :eek::eek:

fuel is playing a big part of our planned summer trips as well.
but hey we will be here when you pass through, we can grill a burger and kill skeeters :D

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear the 3, now 4, of ya. My wife and I have been in to some sort of Camping all our Married Life (41 years). We've planned on an RV trip, 'cross country, on our own, from the beginning..... Buy Golly... We're Guna Do It. Bar None.

We're being Ripped Off with fuel prices..but we're Going.

Last edited:

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
I have been out of country for a while and almost went into shock when i went to fill up my new truck for the first time and it was $3.70. So i can sympathize :(

Hoss6.9

Born to Diesel!
Reaction score
The trip!

Hey There!

We'll still be here in Indiana. And be glad to catch up with you. If it works out in your travels. Keep us posted.!!!!

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are still looking forward to visiting with you guys.
Right now, the wife and I are still trying to get over this flu bug. It has been brutal. Our dog Luke, does not understand why I will not play with him. He brings me his favorite toy and wants to play. The wife and I just moan and cough. I think we are getting close to the end, because it has been ten days. Food still does not taste right. Our plans still are to start our trip around the 3rd week in April. Making sure that everything will run smoothly while we are gone, is a challenge. Someone should write a book on "Things to do before leaving on a extended trip".

Oh well, things always work out.

These last couple of days have been absolutely gorgeous here in Redding. It sucks that we can not enjoy them while being sick. We plan on taking a short drive, to let a little sun shine on us. The sun's warmth has a healing factor. Another good byproduct of this flu, is that I lost 9 pounds in 10 days. Mrs Maxtor is thin and does not need to loose any weight. She has been coughing so hard, that her ribs are sore.

We are looking forward to seeing this beautiful country and as many of you folks as possible. When we started planning on this trip, it was a year ago, and now here we are just a couple months away. Time goes fast.
We always look at the cup being half full, so we are thanking God for being in this wonderful country, and being able to see all it's beauty.
:notworthy

Last edited:

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Geez, Max, 10 days with the flu? Doc tell ya which strain you have? 10 days is a looooooong time. Hope you get well soon.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the Doc just said that there are 13 different strains going around Redding right now. Seems like everyone we know either has it or is getting over it. It goes straight to the lungs, and you don't have any energy, which is hard on young and old people. Everyone that we know that had a flu shot, still came down with the flu. Last night was the first time my wife has been able to sleep in the bed. Up until now, she has been sleeping in the easy chair so she could breathe. Laying down would fill her lungs with fluid.

We are on the mend now though, so in the next couple of days, we should be back to normal. We better be, because we have lots to do before our trip.
:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14