Lonely trip

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max,

Let me know when you're in Branson. We're not too far from there and I'd love to visit with you if the timing happened to coincide.

-Rusty

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do...

From all that we have heard, Branson has something for everyone. My wife's cousin retired in San Diego, and moved to Branson a year ago. She and her husband love it there. They have a house down by the lake. We plan on spending two weeks there, so we can see all the shows and enjoy the area. By the time we get there, it should be sometime in early May. WD40 and his wife will be there also. It sounds like a great place to meet up with all of you. I hear that the campgrounds in the area are very nice.
We will keep you all posted on our route. I know the first night, we will be staying in Fallon Nevada, second night in Ely Nevada, third night in the Grand Canyon. We will be there for about a week. Then off to Texas.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I hear you loud and clear. Your MPGs must be much lower pulling your trailer. I for one will be driving a lot more this summer. :sly Thank goodness I converted my truck! ;tu

Last edited:

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are not set up for bio diesel, so we will be paying what ever the price is. We did purchase a 74 gallon in bed fuel tank, so we can be a little less dependent on the higher cost stations. With 38 gallons in the main tank and 74 gallons in the auxiliary tank, that will give us 105 gallons of usable fuel with some left over in each tank. On flat ground pulling our 5th wheel we got 14.2 mpg, and 12.7 mpg going up mountains. So if we get 13.5 mpg average that would give us a range with fuel to spare of 1,400 miles. This gives us the ability to pick and choose the stations we want to fill up at. When we went to Quartzsite Arizona, it was nice to drive past the stations at Needles Ca. which had prices of $4.20 per gallon. Quartzsite Arizona was $3.05 per gallon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14