Question Looking at an 06 F350 6.0

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I have looked a quite a few 7.3 PSD trucks and know the quirks about them but I dont know alot about the 6.0. Is there anything that I should look for on the 6.0 trucks? The truck I am looking at is a 2006 F350 6.0 PSD 4x4 it has a 125k on it and is a local trade at the dealer that it was purchased from. My friend that runs the dealer said all the miles on it are highway and there was most likely a trailer being towed most of the time. The truck it self just looking at it has been well taken care of. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

dieselredneckva

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 6.0 that is my daily driver and i have a new 6.4 that i use for my business. I have also owned older 7.3s before. Personally i like the 6.0 the best.
6.0's have received a bad reputation over the years due to all there problems (egr, head gasket, etc) but i have never experienced any of those problems with mine. I don't drive mine that often as i mostly drive the work truck and mine only has 28,000 and it is also a 06. From what i know and i may be wrong the 6.0's start to have head gasket problems when you modify them (turn up the boost and put on hi performance tunes). Mine is stock. As far as the truck you are looking at, one thing i would be want to check out would be the transmission. The fords have a pretty good transmission stock but with over 100 on it and mostly highway miles of towing that would be hard on the transmission, especially not knowing any service history of it. Do you know if the truck is modded or stock?

Justin

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
From what I have seen of the truck it is 100% stock. It has the factory exhaust on it and there has been nothing aftermarket added from what I can see. I have not driven the truck yet but might at the end of the week if I have a chance.

rescue911g

Rescue911g
Reaction score
I love my 2006 6.0, and I believe 6.0 is the way to go.
I have a 2002 7.3, 2004 6.0, 2006 6.0
The 2003 7.3 you can't kill
The 2004 6.0 all problems always in the shop
The 2006 6.0 with alot of toys and all fun. Only problem was head gaskets

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
i think that as long as the truck has been driven as they said it should be a great truck i just turned 100k in my 05 and it has been a great truck clean the egr and other than that no issues and it has exhst intake and a chip since a month after i bought it but as said the 7.3 is an awesome truck i love mine but dnt have much to say bout the 6.4

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I talked with the dealer at lunch it was purchased at the same dealer it was traded at. I also had him run the OASIS report on it while I was there and the only things on it were a broken passanger door handle and a small oil leak from the gasket on the drain plug. I am going to drive it on Monday when it comes out of the body shop they are fixing a crunched cab corner from turning to tight with a 5er.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14