Looking at buying my First SD Powerstroke

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
New to the site and thought I would introduce my self. I am looking at buying an 04 6.0 liter powerstoke with 90k on it. Any words of wisdom as well as things that I should be concerned about?

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Welcome Great to have another Michigander on here. As far as the truck some people have had issues with 04 6.0's and some have had a great dependable truck. If you drive it and check all major compenets over you should be fine.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
:welcome3

Before you buy the truck, get the VIN and have a local dealer run an Oasis report on it, this will give you alot of insight on the truck. I personally love my 6.0 and have absolutely no complaints:thumbs

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I will defenitly do that. I have been reading in other forums on here about oil sampling. Should I ask the dealer to do this before I purchase the truck? Thanks for the advice so far

canterburyfour

www.canterburyfour
Reaction score
Welcome to the group. I am new to the site as well and to SD's and now I am hooked thanks to a great group and a super truck. Hopefully you will have the same experience.

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD. I have an 04 with 32k miles on it. The only problems I've had was the EGR at 11K, the vanes in the turo stuck once due to the sensor messing up. and the throttle plate position sensor at 19K. Get the Oasis , and drive it like you stole it. Keith

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Welcome there Yooper, EH!!!

Dat makes two of us, now we can have da rally!!:roflmao :lmao

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Thanks for all the information and the friendly welcome. This is making my decision on what to buy all the easier. This is going to be the first diesel that I have owned. I am not a stranger to diesel trucks though I have been driving them since I got my class B CDL. I plan on doing some mods to the truck when I buy it and then go hunting in town for little 4 bangers.

:sly :burnit

Thanks

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14