Help Needed Looking for a custom fan shroud.

Reaction score
My truck’s previous owner installed a three inch body lift on my dually. When he did so he cut the bottom of the fan shroud off. The when I removed it for repairs it literally fell apart in my hands. So, I cannot use a stock shroud and the fab shops I have spoke to wants a stupid amount of money to build me one. The is something I have put off long enough and I would like to install when I go home on R&R. Do any of you have any ideas? :dunno

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
youll probably think im being a dick but the best thing to do is ditch the body lift.they look stupid and they rip cab mounts out.ive seen many good trucks get scrapped cuz the body lift ripped the mounts off the cabs.

but the best way to make one would be to get a good stock one and alot of fiberglass mat and start cutting and fabbing it your self.

Reaction score
I have been around body lifts for many years and I have never heard of that. Unless, they were installed improperly. But, I have already thought about removing the body lift. And with out going into a lot of detail, trust me it will be easier to get a custom shroud.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
easiest way is going to be to make one yourself using the stock shroud as a starting point.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
With the high efficiency of the cooling system on these trucks a fan shroud is not really needed unless you pull heavy in a hot climate. Mine is on a shelf in the shop so I can pull the fan easier. I ran all last winter without a fan but spun it back on this spring when I loaded up the camper. 10 second job to pull or install the fan without the shroud.

Reaction score
I do pull heavy, and south GA and FL is where I pull the most. The heat is pretty bad. Plus, My AC does NOT blow cold when I am sitting still. I hear that is a common issue if you do not have a shroud on one of these trucks. My wife had the same issue on her gasser 250. I installed a shroud and now the AC will freeze you out of the truck whether you are sitting still or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14