Looking for a new truck any advise welcome!

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Im looking now at 2011 6.7's and it seems that you can find them used for around $30k. That's a little more than I want to spend but that's the price for 6.7's. Most are 140K-180K mileage wise. Is this high mileage for this engine or will these trucks last like my 7.3? Id like to get my moneys worth. Thanks again guys!:hail

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Diesel engines run much longer than gas engines. This should last as long as your 7.3. This is why all Big truckers use diesel engines. That and the economy of the diesel vs a gas engine.

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking now at 2011 6.7's and it seems that you can find them used for around $30k. That's a little more than I want to spend but that's the price for 6.7's. Most are 140K-180K mileage wise. Is this high mileage for this engine or will these trucks last like my 7.3? Id like to get my moneys worth. Thanks again guys!:hail

If it's been [properly maintained].... 150K is not much to worry about. Do a Carfax... or have Ford check it out ?

Joe

Looking underneath it can tell you a lot about where its been.

adamhoude88

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The early 6.7s had a lot of turbo issues and the aftertreatment system is always a ticking time bomb for when it's going to fail. But they do make great power for towing. Also towing frequently will keep the engine temp up and keep the exhaust system cleaner

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58