looking for advice

Frank Fox

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i just bought a 2007 F-250 with the 6.0. i am interested in a good exhaust and programmer for it. i hear sct has a good programmer but i dont know which one to get. also is there anything you guys would suggest me doing to the truck. common stuff maybe you know from years of dealing with a 6.0.

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on the truck? I'd go to the dealer and request an OASIS report. They should do it for free. This will tell you any work that was done at a Ford dealership.

Frank Fox

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i have the edge evolution on my 97 F-250 and like the tunes it came with. but i have heard that there programmers for the newer trucks are not that good

Frank Fox

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if the sct is as good as i keep hearing. people keep recommending it but they dont have one. they just heard from a friend they are good. i just want to hear from people who have used the programmer to know what to expect

AlexG21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My girls dad has an 06 f350 6.0 lariat just like mine and he's got the older Edge Tuner and he loves it. He hauls a slide-in camper + boat and waverunner or the slide-in with his race car trailer and he says he almost never has to take it out of OD when on the highway. Plus the new ones have some new features :)

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are going to tune the 6.0, go with the SCT with custom tunes. It tunes the engine and tranny. The Edge Insight CTS or CS are great for monitoring ,SCT for tuning.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are going to tune the 6.0, go with the SCT with custom tunes. It tunes the engine and tranny. The Edge Insight CTS or CS are great for monitoring ,SCT for tuning.

X2 on the SCT with custom tunes.:clap:
Put gages on the truck first, then 4 in ex then the SCT.

Doug

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58