Looking for another PS!!!

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
Everything I have that doesn't love me back is for sale!!! :sly

Another CC however......my 2003 w/ 80K is for sale. No offically, but I would sell it for the right price!! $20k and its sold!!!

If he considers it, I am in Omaha, NE.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
7.3 was the only diesel available for the '99 MY.

I know this...i was just kind of thinking out loud...one of those deals....jeez!!...I would feel ashamed to drive a powerstroke if I didn't know that by now:rolleyes:

On another note...if you guys were thinking about purchasing a truck...would you go with a 99+ 7.3 or a 6.0....O8 is not an option:nono:

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were buying a new truck today, it would be an 2007, 6.0 engine. We have not had any problems with our 2006 truck. 2008 6.4 trucks seem to be ok, but the fuel mileage is terrible, from what I have been hearing. Also they have way to much smog equipment on them.
Just my opinion...

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
If I were buying a new truck today, it would be an 2007, 6.0 engine. We have not had any problems with our 2006 truck. 2008 6.4 trucks seem to be ok, but the fuel mileage is terrible, from what I have been hearing. Also they have way to much smog equipment on them.
Just my opinion...

thats what im trying to accomplish through this post....i want some honest imput from people who have experience and know what they are talking about!!!!....i want to be able to help him make the best purchase possible...i guess that is one vote for 6.0:thumbs...let the games begin:stir

godofdew11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003 7.3 with as low milage as possible, or 05+ 6.0 i would skip the 03 and 04, when i was buying a couple months ago my budget didnt allow for that skip in years so i went for as late a 7.3 as i could find and i am extremly happy

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I absolutely love my 6.0, no problems with it whatsoever, except blowing boost tubes, but a stock one shouldn't do that. Definantley for for a 05+ 6.0

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
as mentioned above the later 6.0's are good. I have had a 2k 7.3 and now have a 05' 6.0. i loved my 7.3; still running my lil bro has it still. I have no complaints on my 6.0 either. I keep waiting but other than an egr valve thats all i have done and i wouldnt have had to do that if i would take the time to read the whole egr cleaning process thread.(didnt tape up the weep holes and got carb cleaner in it:booboo so i dont think you can go wrong with a:oval on the grill

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
The Search is Over!

That didn't last long....He got a 2005 F350 FX4 SC short bed with 24,725 miles!!!!...here some pics....I'm pretty excited for him:thumbs

Looks like a future SDD.com member!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl