Looking for input on chip

798er

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a consensus on what chip most of you are using. I have '06 6.0 350dwdcc loaded with around 2k+ of welding equip. and pull a 13k Travel trailer. Only mods are 4" turbo back sys and AFE intake, it does good for the most part but bogs down on the hills quite abit. Don't know if I should do something or just leave alone. Also have seen talk about the air filter sys and was thinking it might be best to stay stock for protecting the turbo, i'm in the dust alot on the pipeline right-of-way. I really have not seen any increase in fuel milage with mods, I get maybe 9 if i'm lucky with trailer but I don't worry about that. I have seen and heard talk about guys geeting 15 mpg and even more on the highway but I find that hard to believe, empty I hardly get 12.

Thanks

Last edited:

JRJ04

Reaction score
I for one vote that you go back to your stock air intake system. It has been proven to flow enough air for applications up to 500hp.

As far as tuners go, give Jody a call a DP Tuner. He is an outstanding guy and will work with you to meet your needs. He does tuning for both the 7.3 and 6.0 Fords.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
SCT..... got mine from innovative... but since ur in colorado maybe give the guys at elite diesel a call... either way you can go wrong with the tow tune...

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
i have run a quadzilla xzt for towing and now have a sct as well and i like both of them the xzt has a cool feature thta doesnt give you full power unless you go w.o.t so u get good mileage i was up to 20mpg hand calculated until the ulsd now im at 17 but sct gives u the towing plus you can play a little bit if you want. i still have the xzt for my 05 i assume it is the same for your needs if you wana buy or trade for it or i got my sct at dfuser.com because Bill is close to me here in texas and always does me right

798er

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. Once my warranty runs out then I'm going to do something for sure, only 15k more won't be long.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14