Help Needed Looking for recreational land

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
A few days ago, I mentioned that the wife and I were going to go to Tennessee to look at some property to use as a campsite and possibly a home site when the wife finally retires.

We looked at some property that we saw on the internet, the pictures they posted looked promising, and the price was right with some attractive financing options. The presentation on the net did not match the reality.

I can say I am glad that I had four wheel drive. The gravel roads in the pictures were in reality rutted out logging roads that had overgrown. Some of the roads had STEEP elevation changes. (good luck towing a thirty foot fifth wheel up one of those hills!) And to top it off, the tract I was told was available for sale was already occupied, either because the web site didn't reflect recent sales or more likely, the occupant was a squatter.

It wasn't a total loss, the wife and I had a good time, ate some good food, saw some beautiful scenery on the Natchez Trace Parkway. But we're still looking for two to five acres, preferably with moderate hills, good access and nearby power, somewhere in Alabama, Georgia, or Tennessee, within eight hours drive of Pensacola, Florida.

Anybody know of any land like this?:dunno

Last edited:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Wow......that must have been disappointing after driving from Florida to Tennessee to look at it. :(

I agree with you on Tennessee being a nice area. We went through there on our trip to Ashville NC. Seemed like we were crossing a river ever 20-30 minutes. That is pretty cool when you live in Texas. :D

Speaking of the Carolina's........have you considered looking there?

Tbar

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ray the wife and I found some nice land up around west Jefferson, Tn. Found a 10 acre site with a house that need to come down and a creek for about 55K. Back in the woods and I mean back in the woods...lol

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
just a hop skip and a jump from tn is lacey springs alabama.....its on top of a mountain and like stepping back to 1800, nice folks

view down the valley towards the river is INCREDIBLE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58