Looking for some help!

scorpion111180

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an issue with my 2005 F-350 as of late. It is a 2005 F-350 crew cab short box 4x4 with the 6.0 powerstroke and auto trans. My truck has only 90,000 kms on it.

The truck has been completly stock other than a 8" BDS lift and 38" Tires and other cosmetic changes.

I just purchsed a Afe Stage 2 cold air intake (blue pre oiled filter), 5" Flo Pro turbo back exhaust with cat delete, and a Edge CTS tuner.

Problem #1 I just put on the Cold air intake and the Tuner at stock setting into the truck. When I started the truck I noticed kind of a louder ticking noise (almost knocking sound) coming from the intake elbow area and it lasted for a couple mins. Before I installed the system I checked all the piping to make sure nothing was inside there that would to go into the engine. However I never checked inside the new filter before I instaled it in the intake system:confused: I wouldnt think that Afe would put anything (package, bolts, stickers, etc) inside there filter that you would have to take out before you install or it would go through the system into the engine would they? Sound is gone now and like I said it only lasted for a couple mins that evening that I installed it. However on to problem # 2

Problem #2 I have also noticed since I installed the turbo back exhaust the day after the Intake and Tuner that my truck has been smoking for the last few days now. I now have the Tuner on setting 1 (transmission only) I notice a bluish looking smoke that comes out of the exhaust pipe at idle not a ton but not a small amount either. Sometimes it will puff out alot and then go away for a couple seconds and them back again. It does it at cold start up and also when the truck has reached 180's EOT and ECT. When I stomp on it while driving it will puff a small amount of black looking smoke.

My big concern is that someting went through the intake into the engine and I #$%&ed it up and that is why she is smoking blue now. I dont even know if that is even possible. What signs would you have if something did go through the intake and into the engine itself?

P.S. Truck runs beutiful other wise. No knocking or missfiring of any kind that I can hear. Also on the Tuner, I have checked for DTC and there is none.

P.S. I also have a fair bit of oily stuff on the pipe that comes off the turbo that connects to the intercooler. (The oily stuff is on and around rubber area closest to intercooler, no oily stuff on rubber near the turbo). The oily stuff has been there for quite a while way before these mods. Other wise the truck has no leaks.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, look forward to hearing from some of you. Derek

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58