Looking for trip ideas...

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Planning a little trip south for my wife and I to central OK to a friend's wedding in a month, probably going to take a few extra days off while we're at it. I wondered if y'all had any suggestions on places to stop/see things, along the way, or in the area. Prolly going to be another beetle run, gotta love the mileage :D

Last edited:

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're gonna be around OKC, you might consider checking out the OKC Bombing Memorial downtown. My sister lives in OKC and she took me to see it. It's not exactly like going to Disney World, but VERY moving. Just to see the power and destruction caused by the bomb is amazing. I would recommend visiting it after dark- the park takes on a whole new level of peacefulness with the dim lights and water.

Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum – Official Website

There's also a downtown entertainment district known as "Bricktown", complete with riverwalk, shopping, restaurants, and night clubs. It's pretty nice too!

Bricktown - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Dining, Shopping, Events

Hope this helps!

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Depending on what days you'll be there, you could come a little further south, and drop in on the NTxPSA annual powerstroke rally, just east of Dallas. (oct 3-5)

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Depending on what days you'll be there, you could come a little further south, and drop in on the NTxPSA annual powerstroke rally, just east of Dallas. (oct 3-5)

Aww, you guys would never let a VW in there :lmao

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Well now we're thinking about taking pa's little 5er and the truck and swinging out to the Grand Canyon... sounds like fun, but oh the fuel bill after 4,000 miles :eek:

A trip like that would be almost as many miles as the truck got in a whole year :D

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
That's a big hole out there Roy, don't fall in :tounge

I have been to the Grand Canyon before, truly a beautiful sight to behold.

I had my mother scared to death thinking I was gonna fall over the edge. :D

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The had big floods earlier this week. Rescued 43 people, I think, out of the bottom of the canyon. A earthen dam broke and caused the flooding.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg