Help Needed Looking for u-shaped hose for EGR delete.

paulpe99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hope you guys can help me out. I'm ready to finish my EGR cooler delete project. I need to get a u-shaped hose that connects the 3/4" pipe that feeds the coolant into the manifold and to the 3/4" outlet at the oil cooler. I saw one on a ford truck forum (i think) a couple of weeks ago, but i didn't have it bookmarked.
If any of you remember seeing that hose, i'd like you to email me. It was a perfect u-shape, 3/4" i.d. hose. thanks.

JRJ04

Reaction score
would a rubber heater hose work? I dont know if you need something rigid or not, but that would work if not. Good luck!

fordman60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you guys find that after doing the egr delete your turbo and rpms surged and will not remain steady? i am having this problem and dont know what to do!!!

fordman60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
egr delete shouldn't have any affect on the turbo.

thats what i thought but i have done some research and the egr is controlled bu the pcm ficm map sensor and others so i think because it is seeing no flow across the egr it is trying to compensate .

hpprose

Sponsor
Reaction score
You are getting ahead of yourself. Check to see if you have any air leaks or problems first.

The EGR is controlled by those sensors, but all said and done, it will throw a light on if the pcm doesn't see a decrease in the air coming in when the egr valve is open. Shouldn't affect how the turbo works at all.

If you have a leak, then the air/fuel mixture that computer thinks it is using is wrong and you will probably have a rough idle and some other problems.

When we did mine, I ended up getting some dirt between the intake and the gasket and it didn't seat right. When I started it up and she was running rough I started to get worried and panic.

In addition to that, shortly after my up-pipe gave out on me, which caused some turbo issues. I guess when I was pushing and pulling on the up-pipe where the cooler mounts I loosened it or cracked the bellows. That will give you a turbo problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58