Looking to install a chip, programmer or.......

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
whichever one will help engine performance and mpg. I've been trying to read up on these things but not at all sure which one would serve my purposes. I don't pull/haul anything, lots of over the road driving (at least for now but that could come to a grinding halt soon thanks to diesel prices), having an MBRP exhaust system installed next week. Stock engine, currently getting 19.1 OTR driving. Thanks for any info.......:D

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
three words for you

D

P

Tuner

dunno how much more you're going to squeeze outta yours;
your 19+ is a pretty decent number..

I have a 60hp tow setting and an 80hp econo, plus a stock setting..
If I had it to do over again, I'd get a no-start setting, too.

Last edited:

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
I've been communicating with Dennis at ITP and he's been really great in explaining to me how a chip might help my truck. He stated right away that due to the fact that I'm already getting good mpg that might not change too much but there are other ways a chip could help, i.e. acceleration, going uphills, etc., plus the no-start capability I'm liking too.

So after the exhaust/gauges I'll install the chip that Dennis recommends. I keep my OTR driving at 65 mph hard as it sometimes is, don't do any jack rabbit starts which can also be tempting at times and I'll be doing a couple other little things as we go along. My goal is to get the best I can out of that big diesel engine without breaking/wearing it down and helping it to last a very, very long time. By the time I'm finished with all this stuff diesel fuel will be up to $10 a gal........:dizzy

I have to say that I have learned more about these trucks on this forum than from any other source and it's been a great experience so far.

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DP tuner, Elite Diesel, Total Diesel Performance...

All offer good tunes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14