looky here

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
took the 'golden stink shower' today.....

notice the brown spot where the fuel comes in (hits the filter)
notice the dirty bottom side of the filter, where it sits in fuel
notice the clean top side of the filter
notice how dirty the secondary filter is...:dunno (filtered down farther?)

not too sure you can see its full effect, but look at the third pix: see that the top is cock-eyed.:dunno have no clue as to why..it came out that way. never had and issue..

p.s. that is 19,258 miles on the filters:eek::D

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
must be the weekend for oil and fuel filter changes
just finished mine as well
but mine were still pretty clean, till i dropped em in the used oil bucket.
isnt it great to spend a day with the truck, :D
were you having any fuel issues?

one thing i didnt like while underneath the truck...is the red dirt clumps of mud
falling off the bottom of the running board.

there aint no fuel on me, there might be fuel on some of you mugs, but there aint no fuel on me:stir i laid on the passenger side and stuffed rags under the bowl cap after i drained hfcm

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
ok, i was looking for some pity party....:rant

honestly, a little secret here: i have never touched my 'brass plug' alway have unscrewed the cap and had no issues...:innocent

even today, used a buddies lift in his pole barn, lifted the drip pan, very little ran out and down the frame, so it was all and all clean.:sweet

NO, not having any fuel issues. just time to change them (eerr, past time to change them)...:D i guess time will tell if mileage goes up a tick!

and sorry for the dirt clods...don't have that problem here:sorry

got9lbs

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Wow I was a bad owner then, I went 50,000 miles before I changed mine, Opps. I changed mine when the truck wouldn't run at all. When I pulled mine out it was solid gel. It was in the middle of the winter when mine geled and stopped the truck dead.

shhorn68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I change miine back in the summer and they looked just like that. It was the first time I had changed them since I owned the truck (~10000 miles). I had been having some problems when I changed them but since then it has run like a champ!

dieselredneckva

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I change mine twice a year. Evey 6months. It get a its filters changed and a oil change. I would rather be safe than sorry and i have had them gel up and run poorly before, i dont want to any of my trucks to leave me stranded.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
I change mine twice a year. Evey 6months. It get a its filters changed and a oil change. I would rather be safe than sorry and i have had them gel up and run poorly before, i dont want to any of my trucks to leave me stranded.

wow: that is diligance at its best... but to each its own. i try to follow the factory specs (except oil - try to push it w/ a test)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14