Lope idle when after starting

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess this is for the ones who might have a problem with this. I was having problems with my truck after starting it would lope idle like a really high horse power gas engine. I had replaced many things

1st-I replaced the IPR and nothing, still running the same.

2nd-replaced the accelerator pedal assembly, ran decent for a while then started doign it again.

3rd-I replaced a sensor on the transmission that tells the computer what gear its in and now it WORKS. My wife says it runs like a scalded ape. I haven't had a chance to drive it after we got it back from my mechanic. She drives it daily and says it runs better than it has ever ran while she has ben drving it.

Oh by the way, sometimes it is cheaper to take it to the mechanic and let him diagnose the problem and fix it. I was pretty sure I had the solutions when I tried the first two. :smack

But on the bright side, I have a new accelerator assembly and IPR.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
what sensor was it? one of our CT guys is having this problem. this is for manual tranny right?

rthomas

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
would it do it if you started it in neutral? i have this problem as well and was told that if does it in neutral that its not the sensor, like you ive attacked this form all other angles namely ipr, fuel pump, filter bowl drain kit. none of this had any affect on the problem, so im thinking of doing the sensor anyways

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had never heard of the starting in neutral. My mechanic said when I took it into him to look at it that it could be fuel pressure issuses but they checked out perfect and then went on to the sensor on the tranny. I don't remember the name of the sensor. I will have to call my mechanic to get the name of it.

IH97stroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
my truck did that same lope idle deal. but i had my tranny rebuilt around the same time....mine never loped everytime i started it, just every once in a while..... did yours do it everytime you started it?? i replaced my injectors around the same time too cause we knew one was bad, and we all thought that was why it was doing that strange lope idle for like 30 seconds that made the whole truck shake like a bandit!...... i hate replacing crap that has nothing to do with the issue.....i find myself doing that too often it seems.... :(!

rthomas

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i guess i cured mine- i got my chip from tony and it quit doing it:) wasnt expecting it but im not complaining! oh, the chip does other cool stuff too:sly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14